What is Tapentadol Australia?
Available under various brand names such as Nucynta, it is a centrally acting opioid analgesic. It belongs to the benzenoid class of medicines. The pain management drug has a double action strategy. It works as an agonist of the μ-opioid receptor and also as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor or NRI.
Tapentadol 50 mg Australia is not a pro-drug and thus it does not depend on metabolism to offer its therapeutic effects. Due to this property, the medicine is considered as moderately potent analgesic i.e. a pain reliever for patients who do not respond well to the commonly used opioid medicines due to liver issues.
How does it work?
Tapentadol Brand Australia has a dual mode of action. It inhibits the transmission of pain signals from the site of pain to the brain and spinal cord. It also potentiates descending pain modulation associated to NRI.
How to take Tapentadol Australia 50mg, 100 mg
You need to talk to your doctor in order to understand the dosing pattern of the medicine. Tapentadol Brand Australia drug is available in two variants – regular and extended-release tablets. The medication starts working in 30 minutes and its effects stay for over 5 to 6 hours. The extended-release formulation is suitable for round-the-clock pain management.
You need to take one tablet with water. The dosages must be decided by your doctor. Do not mix your medicine with alcohol or fruit juices. Also, take the drug on an empty stomach for better and faster results.
What if I missed a dose?
If you missed your Tapentadol Australia dosage, you need to take it as soon as you could. However, it’s best to leave the missed dosage if its almost the time for your next planned dosage.
What if I overdose?
Overdosing on Tapentadol 50 mg Australia drug is a strict no-no. The medicine acts on the central nervous system and thus it is advisable to take the medicine as suggested by your doctor. Overdosing on the medication leads to the onset of severe aftermaths followed by severe health issues.
What are the side effects of Tapentadol Australia?
Tapentadol Brand Australia causes minor as well as major side effects. Generally, it depends on the dosage strengths and the mode of administration. Some of the minor side effects include dry mouth, headache, stomach pain, drowsiness, weakness, heartburn, etc. These side effects are short-lived and they do not cause any harm except for a little discomfort that goes away in a couple of days.
Tapentadol 50 mg Australia can also cause a few severe side effects. Stop taking the medicine and call for emergency medical help if you notice allergic reactions such as swelling of face, eyes, tongue; irritability, shortness of breath, abnormal dreams, anxiety, faster or irregular heartbeat, etc.
What are the precautions?
- Tell your doctor of pharmacists about your pre-existing medical conditions and your medical history too before you start taking Tapentadol Australia.
- Take Tapentadol Australia medicine with caution if you have kidney and liver disorders.
- If you are breastfeeding, you need to consult a doctor before taking Tapentadol Australia pills.
- Tell your doctor if you have a surgery scheduled.
- Tapentadol Brand Australia drug causes drowsiness and thus it is recommended to not drive a vehicle after taking the pain management drug.
- Elderly are at high risk of developing side effects and thus they must take the drug as directed by their doctor.
- Before you take Tapentadol Australia, you need to tell your doctor about medicines you are taking to prevent drug interaction.
There are no reviews yet.